Inductive Study: Colossians 3:1-4:1
- Read Colossians 3:1-17 several times.
- Highlight the verbal phrases of instruction to the readers.
- Divide your paper into two columns labeled:
Old Nature New Nature
- List the appropriate characteristics under each heading
- Contrast the lists and record your observations.
- Read Colossians 3:18-4:1
- Highlight the verbs.
- How does new life in Christ change one’s thinking?
- How does new life in Christ change one’s attitudes?
- How does new life in Christ change one’s relationships?
- How does new life in Christ change one’s community?
- What relational attitudes are important in the words you highlighted in 3:19-4:1?
- Reread verse 13. In the original, the sense of these words is “Give grace to others as God has given grace to you.”
- Reflect upon what God’s grace means for your life.
- How can you share this grace in your encounters with others?
- Pray for the continual renewing of your mind, heart, and attitudes.
- Pray for opportunities to give grace to those with whom you come in contact so that they may see the grace of God through you.
- Be thankful.