Pray with open hands as a symbol of opening your mind and heart to connect with God, hear his word and put it into practice.
Read the passage 2 times. Ephesians 4:17 – 5:20
(Note: The passage is quite long, but a single subject. Because of the length, the observation steps have been reduced. Another option is to split the section into two studies, noting the similarities at the end.)
Identify with colors, underlining, or grouping into lists:
1. Verbs that imply a mandate.
2. Situations of cause and effect.
1. According to the passage, what is the status of the Ephesians?
2. What does Paul mean by the illustration, “to put off the old self and put on the new self”? (The Spanish NVI and the JB Phillips translation use the illustration of old and new clothes.)
3. Define the main ideas.
1. Select a significant verse to memorize. Record it in a place where you can see it throughout the day.
2. Meditate on today’s study and recognize what the Holy Spirit wants to communicate to you in your relationships.
3. Finalize the study by implementing the last verses, 5:19-20.