Leadership — Philippians 2:1-4
Because the passage this time is only a few verses, we recommend looking at several translations to get a better idea of the meaning of the text.
Read Philippians 2:1. Ask yourself these questions and reflect on your answers:
- How has belonging to Christ changed you?
- How has knowing that you are loved by Christ made a difference in your life?
- What difference has it made for you that you are a part of a community of faith?
- Where does compassion and caring demonstrate itself in your life?
Read Philippians 2:2-4
List the things that Paul asks us to do.
Reflect on this list in light of your answers above.
- What is the relationship between your answers to the questions posed above and the list from Paul?
- How does our life in Christ change our perspective?
- How could it change our relationships and behavior toward others?
- What challenges you in these words?
- Write your observations.
Pray for wisdom as you reflect on these words of Paul. Ask God to continue working toward the completion of the transformation that he has begun in you.