The Holy Spirit at Work Empowering Courageous Risk-Taking
Stephen – Acts 6-7 Inductive Study*
OBSERVATION – What does the text say?
Read Acts 6:1-8:3.
Reread the portions 6:1-15 and 7:51-60
- Where and when does this story take place?
- Describe Stephen: his roles, character, actions.
- How do we notice the Spirit acting in the story of Stephen?
INTERPRETATION – What did the text mean to the original listeners?
- How do the accusations made against Stephen inform his defense to the Jewish leaders of the Synagogue?
- What might have resulted if Stephen had not been so bold in his risk-taking?
- What might the original readers have been impacted by in this story?
APPLICATION – How does this text apply to our lives?
- What are we called to bear witness to?
- What risks are we willing to take?
*See also, Inductive Study Adaptations for Groups