Lesson 4: Isaiah 52:13-53:12 Lectio Divina (Lectio in Groups)
Lectio: Read Isaiah 52:13-53:12.
- What characteristics of the servant stand out to you? Make a list.
- How was the servant treated? By God? By humans? Make a list.
- What did the servant do for us? Make a list.
Meditatio: Look at your lists.
- Reflect on the contrasts between God’s servant and us.
- What impacts you the most?
- Reflect on what Christ has done for you, and what that looks like in your daily life.
As you pray, consider how God used the ordinariness of Christ to change the world. Consider ways in which God works through the ordinary in your life, and give thanks for those things.
Contemplatio: Read Isaiah 53:10-12.
- Focus on the ways in which God worked through the sufferings of his Servant, Christ, to change the world.
- Consider what role suffering plays in your life, and the ways in which God uses suffering to bring honor and victory to those who trust in him.
- Rest in the knowledge that God cares for you.