- Read Philippians 2:12-17.
- Highlight the words and phrases that give you pause.
- Write any questions that come to mind in your journal.
- Consider the ways in which your life reflects the results of your salvation (vs. 12).
- What/who are the bright lights that shine in your world (vss. 14-16)?
- What darkness surrounds you that requires light?
- Pray for wisdom to understand these words. Ask God to reveal the darkness in your soul, and speak light into your life so that you may “hold firmly to the word of life.”
- Seek ways to be a light to those around you.
- Sit in silence before God.
- Allow the Spirit to speak to your soul.
- Reflect on the light and darkness around you and your place in it.
- Write down the insights you gain.