2 Corinthians 4 – Lectio Divina (Lectio in Groups)
Lectio: Read 2 Corinthians 4 several times.
- Note the comparisons between the old way and the new way (living by the law, and living by the spirit).
- Note the use of light and darkness/ between seeing and blindness.
Meditatio: Verse 7 is the key verse. Keeping the words of verse 7 in mind, consider the light in this passage.
- What is the purpose of light?
- What might be the purpose of darkness?
- In what ways does the light of the Good News change the way Paul lives?
- How does it change how he views suffering and hardship?
- For those you know who are experiencing darkness;
- For those you know who are blinded by the light;
- For understanding of the power of the light of the Good News.
Contemplatio: Consider the suffering and hardship that you have experienced. Listen to the Spirit as you consider the following:
- What light might there be in that darkness?
- How have you seen the glory of God revealed through the darkness in your life?
- What does the power of light described in these verses look like in your life?
- How can you use this knowledge to serve those around you who are experiencing darkness?