Gratitude: Living Thankfully
Read Isaiah 43:1-7.
Read several times, highlighting:
- Who God says we are
- How God relates to us
- Who God says he is
- What God says he will do
- What word or phrase stands out to you?
- How does this picture of God compare to your experience of God?
Read Colossians 3:12-17.
- Read a second time and highlight the words used to describe the Colossians.
- Read a third time, and highlight the responses/actions to be taken.
- Compare these two passages and the ways in which believers are described. Do you see yourself and your relationship to God in these words? What responses does this generate in you?
- List the responses/actions in Colossians 3. As you look at this list, consider what this looks like in your life and relationships. Where can you be more thankful?
- Read Colossians 3:12-17 every day this week.
- Focus on one phrase that speaks to you (perhaps a different one each day), and keep it in front of you (write it on your heart).
- Reflect at the end of the day whether it has made a difference in your interaction with others.
- Spend some time each day thanking God for his goodness.
- Take time to notice the goodness of life.