Read Colossians 1:24-2:5
Read through the passage at least 3 times.
As you read:
- Highlight the verbs – the actions that Paul is taking
- Underline for whom he is taking these actions
- Highlight in a different color why he is talking these actions.
- Copy and complete the chart below:
|What I am/we are doing||For whom||Why|
|Glad when I suffer||You (Colossians)||Participating in Christ’s suffering that continue for the church|
- What is the entire message that Paul is giving them?
- What is the secret?
- Why is this significant?
- How do you think the Colossians heard and reacted to this message?
- What is your motivation when you think about the work you do for the church?
- How does that compare to Paul’s motivation?
- What actions can you take in your present community to encourage and knit together those in your community?
PRAY for a deeper understanding of the message of the mystery of Christ in you, and for a better understanding among your community members of what it means to encourage one another.