Read the passage at least 3 times. If possible, download Colossians 1:1-14 and highlight with colors to enrich your observations. Record your answers in a journal or notebook.
Verses 1-2 introduces the authors and original readers. Note the descriptions. Observe the desire in the greeting of the authors.
- Highlight the phrases describing the Colossians in verses 2-7
- Circle the phrases referring to the action of prayer.
- Divide your paper into two columns. On the left, list the specific things Paul and Timothy are praying for. On the right, list the expected outcomes or results.
- Write a title for the passage.
- What are your impressions of the believers in Colosse?
- Reflect on the content of the columns you wrote for #3 above. What are Paul’s desires for the Colossians?
- Why does it appear that Paul wrote this message to the Colossians?
- What does the passage reveal about God?
- How might these prayers impact our lives?
- How could the results and outcomes influence our relationships with God and others?
- What does this passage contribute to our understanding of how God views us?
- Is there something specific that God is teaching you?
Pray this prayer for your community each day this week.